Saturday, September 11, 2010

Another Interlude...

Although we have internet in our hostel in Kuala Lumpur, we lack time.  I've tried to get a post going, but the pictures take on average 1-2 minutes each to upload.  If you want to cheat and look at them without any explanation, they are being updated to my flickr account, under "madatr".
We are set to head out of Kuala Lumpur here in a few minutes and catch our flight to Bali.  Our hotel in Bali has internet, and we will be there for 5 nights, so I'll have plenty of time to get some of these posts up. 
I'm still not done writing India yet, so I'm playing catch up... I do most of my writing on the planes. 
Now, on to our technical difficulties... My home button has stopped working on my iphone for some unknown reason.  If my phone wasn't jailbroken, it would essentially be useless now.  To exit out of any application I have to use the short cut at the top of the screen, and then kill the process.  Fun times.  Also, the compact flash we took all of our pictures on up to Kuala Lumpur got a virus (I think) copied onto it from the computer in our hostel.  The computer here (vista...bleh) won't recognize it now, nor will the camera.  I'm pretty sure its a simple fix, if I can get into Linux.  OH, also, I forgot my usb stick, so I can't get into Linux.  HORRAY!!!!
So, we bought a NEW 8 gig compact flash, and a new usb stick.  I have put puppy linux on it, but I can't figure out the screen size of these monitors, so I can't get xwindows to draw on the screen. BUT, All should be well and fixed in Bali.
One of the things I wanted to share with people who are reading this are some of the songs going through my head... (and on my ipod) while traveling around all these places.  Even though fall is setting in back home, we are still chasing summer over here (its actually going to be winter in Bali though, at a chilly ~80 degrees) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1MS6ZZ3PjY
Also, whenever I'm being pestered by the panhandlers and street folks, this song is in my head: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-7fkSF6d7U
Of course, whenever I try to talk to people this goes in my head: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O69L2mO9y-4

And more... but we got to catch a plane!
Peace and Love,
Allen 

1 comment:

  1. ♫ ♪ if you smile at me i will understand 'cuz that is somethin' everybody everywhere is able to see ♫ ♪ say can i have some of your purple berries ♫ ♪

    ReplyDelete