Friday, September 3, 2010

Clarification

Some of you got an email explaining I was in India before the Amsterdam blog went up.  Well, there is a reason for that faithful readers.  The internet is not quite what I expected it to be.  The hotel we are staying in said they had internet, which they do... however, I assumed that meant that they had wifi, which they don't.  There is one computer hooked up to one ethernet connection.  There are also 13 rooms here, and they are all full.  That means somewhere between 13-26 people are all sharing the same one computer to communicate from here back home.  Needless to say, its not very easy to get a turn.  I've only had one opportunity so far, and there were around 8 people sitting around watching me type... so I didn't feel inclined to write. 
I am writing this at 5:47 A.M.  Some of the staff is sleeping behind me on the couches in the community room (pictures later, I haven't taken any of the hotel yet).  I am pretty sure I am the only guest up.  I am confusing the staff to no end, because they don't understand why I am up, or why I wanted to use the computer.  However, there is no line, and no one bugging me to get off.  So, I can write my wordy updates.
The Amsterdam post was written on my iphone in the Amsterdam airport.  I wasn't able to post it until I found wifi, which took 2 days to find.  That will be in another update though.  Anyways, thought I would explain the overlap. 
;)

No comments:

Post a Comment