Sunday, September 5, 2010

Oh BOY INTERNET... well, maybe not. (brief update)

This is just to let people know we are safe, and doing well.  We are in Agra at the moment, you know... the place with the Taj Mahal.  Well I am writing just to let people know we have made it safely to Agra, and we are leaving in a few hours for a 13 hour overnight train to Varanasi. 
We found an internet cafe, but... they won't let me use USB.  In fact, they didn't know what USB was.  Then when I told them I would use it to upload pictures they said, "Burn to CD?" and I said, "No, on to internet" and they said, "No."  So now here I sit with the internet but no way to upload my photos. (which we are running out of space because we are taking crazy high resolution... and I can't back them up without the internet! GRRRR!) 
Just so you know what updates I owe you are day 2-3 in Delhi, and today in Agra.  I honestly don't have enough words to describe everything that is going on and has happened, but here are some quick fun spoilers/cliff hangers for you faithful readers.  (Hi mom!) lol.  I have had my pockets picked twice!  A cab driver drove us to the other side of town than what we asked! We have been held hostage by a cabbie who drove us around an unfamiliar area and forced us to go in shop after shop! We found the Black Taj Mahal! MONKEYS! People have given us the worst directions ever!  We've seen more people squat and take a dump (out in the open mind you) than all the rest of our lives combined! We have learned that children beggars who speak fluent English have parents with enough money to pay for their schooling, which means they shouldn't be begging!  HORRAY FAKE BEGGING KIDS!!!! Two mosquito bites!  The worst dengue fever in 10 years! (are you on the edge of your seat yet?)

More to come! (whenever we find reliable internet)
P.S. We are doing great!  Everything is going splendid!

No comments:

Post a Comment